More than 13 years of successful and efficiency work on the sustainable energy use.
Local Energy Agency of Podravje was established in June 2006 by Municipality of Maribor. Energap is located in the 2nd biggest city in Slovenia – Maribor. Maribor is economic, university, cultural and sports centre of the north-eastern part of the country. Energap covers area of 200.000 inhabitants and 17 municipalities around the city of Maribor. It is financed by Municipality of Maribor and other projects. The decision making body of the Energap consists of Agency Council and Council of Experts.
We support the introduction of good energy management practices, advocate the concept of sustainability, provide information and guidance, and offer a number of other local services based on specific local energy needs. We operate impartially on both energy demand and supply issues and reflect the local situations, economic and social circumstances and the geographical size of the relevant local area.
We are the regional centre of knowledge and ideas. Our main activities are:
- Support for the implementation of local/regional energy plans.
- Energy audits of public and private buildings.
- Raising awareness on energy efficiency, renewable energy sources and transport issues.
- Search for energy-management incentive funds at national and international level and studies on innovative financial mechanisms.
- Information, advice and training on energy management issues.
- Energy and mobility management for local authorities, public and private companies.
- We can give wide-ranging advice on all aspects of energy, as well as technical assistance in the design of energy projects, heritage and infrastructure and provision of public information on these topics.
- We are cooperating in many local, national and international projects.
- Our main goal is to implement in practice all good ideas that are set in many different documents.
- As one of the first cities in Slovenia we have implemented the central energy management system for public buildings in Maribor.
- We act as a contact point for relations with European networks and institutions as well as an intermediary to local, regional and national players.
Until now, Energap completed around 22 European and other projects under various territorial cooperation programs, such as Interreg A, B and C, South and Southeast Europe, Central Europe, Mediterranean, Intelligent Energy Europe.
Energap current EU projects are:
- EMPOWER - More carbon reduction by dynamically monitoring energy efficiency
- PEGASUS - Promoting Effective Generation and Sustainable USes of electricity
- MEM - Municipal energy management
- RESOLVE - Sustainable mobility and the transition to a low-carbon retailing economy